Wednesday, May 25, 2011

VERY EXCITING NEWS


at the hotel
Sitting in a dark room with three projection screens and a group of hushed but excited people. The speaker is saying Kate Boyan and I have to go up the stairs, stand on the stage while the president of the Rasumson Foundation is talking about me and pictures of my beadwork are flashed on the screen.  After the hand shake/hug and photos are taken the package is presented. I was chosen for the fellowship grant which is $12,000.00! It's too exciting. To be recognized as a worthy recipient is wonderful. After years and years of beading this makes me feel really good,that they (the art community) gets it. Anyhow I made my pitch a few months ago, see ARTIST STATEMENT BLOG, and haven't given it much thought since then. What a great phone call and then trip to Anchorage. Thought it was appropriate to show you the finished Our Lady piece since that was what I was complaining about in my proposal. I struggled with the clouds, always tricky for me but I am happy with the end result and I think the customer will be to. What a wild couple of days it's been. Still feels a little unreal to me...

7 comments:

  1. Well, you certainly deserve it Kate. And its a fantastic validation for your art in beads. I hope this is just one of many more to come.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!! That is too exciting!! Congrats, you DEFINITELY deserve it all... I am so so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Kate, no one deserves it more than you. Your artistry with beads is unbelievable. I don't believe there is another beader on earth as talented as you are. I am so happy for you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! What a wonderful and well-deserved award. You are amazingly talented!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been following your blog for awhile, but I don't think I've ever commented - wanted to be sure to tell you now CONGRATS for the fellowship grant! Your beadwork ROCKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you. It is nice when people get it! I have been and will always be a fan. Your bead work is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you know that that you can make money by locking special pages of your blog / website?
    All you need to do is to open an account with AdWorkMedia and use their content locking tool.

    ReplyDelete